Investing is, by definition, placement of capital with an expectation of future returns. This is a broad definition and it means that there are various forms of investment.
Here I will try to summarize financial the most common investment options available.
- Savings accounts - cash, variable rate
- Term deposits - cash, fixed rate
- Bonds - commercial paper, fixed rate
- Shares - commercial paper, can earn dividends
- Mutual funds, index funds, exchange-traded funds - an intermediate investment option into other
- CFDs - trading instrument, mostly suitable for short-term bets
- Real estate - property
Other investments, like arts, wine, etc., are not taken into consideration on this site.
Investment goals can be divided into growth and income. Growth investment is investment into instruments with expectation that their price will rise over time. Income investment is investment into instruments that earn regular income.
One of the most important issues in financial investing is asset allocation.
The key economic indicators are listed on their separate page, and the most important events of the day can be seen at the Economic Calendar .
Read some investment tips here.